Staff Accountant - Finance
The Staff Accountant will be a critical part of the Accounting/Finance team. He or she will have a direct involvement with daily accounting activities and the month-end close process, including but not limited to, Accounts Payables process, Journal Entries, General Ledger account reconciliation, purchasing and office related duties. We are looking for a person who is looking to grow within a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full cycle accounts payable processing and administration, including timely vouchering, vendor setup, and payment processing. Work closely with vendors and budget owners to ensure invoices are appropriate, properly approved, and recorded accurately to facilitate meaningful budget to actual financial reporting and analysis.
- Receive and distribute incoming invoices to appropriate departments for approval.
- Review submitted expense reports for proper coding and ensure that all expenses are in compliance with Corporate Travel and Entertainment policies.
- Maintain and safeguard all original AP documentation in separate files by vendor and in electronic format.
- Preparation of Form 1099’s.
- Review all statements received from vendors to ensure that accounts are up to date.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued expenses, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly close binders in accordance with internal control requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of materials to support audit requirements/requests and quarterly reviews including interacting with auditors.
- Miscellaneous duties, including some involvement with purchasing and office related issues.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Perform other tasks as required.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Accurate, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Experienced with Excel and Oracle
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience is required; Biotech industry experience is a plus.
- BA/BS or Associates degree in accounting or finance preferred.