Scientist - Systems Biology
To develop computational methods for studying complex cellular networks to elucidate their operating principles and to enable their rational re-design. Working in close collaborations with experimental biologists to design predictive and multiscale models enabling the study of metabolic pathways and target drugs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work both independently and collaboratively with research and development scientists to perform computational and statistical analysis of drug pharmacokinetic studies using in-vitro and in-vivo data.
- Utilize metabolic modeling together with phenotypic profiling and flux measurements to generate a systems computational model of metabolic processes. The model is ultimately intended to help with rational drug design for various diseases.
- Develop, acquire, and validate software and scripts for computational flux models.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Prior experience in flux balance analysis and handling of metabolic databases and measurements is a requirement.
- Integration of data from many different biological components to develop models for metabolic pathways.
- Basic background in biology.
- Expertise with MATLAB/R, python (or comparable scripting language).
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and intellectually challenging environment, including excellent oral and written communication skills, to conduct both self-directed and guided computational research.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Ccience, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or a related field.
Please send a cover letter and CV to: Careers@axcellahealth.com