PK Modeling Scientist/Sr. Scientist
Axcella's DMPK team is seeking a PK modeler to support research and development across multiple therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate will develop and apply quantitative methods, including modeling and simulation approaches, to enable rational and efficient drug development.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, interpret, integrate, and report preclinical and clinical PK/PD data
- Contribute to the design and analysis of preclinical and clinical studies to evaluate and optimize the ADME/PK/PD properties of leads
- Develop and apply a range of modeling and simulation approaches (e.g. compartmental, population, PK/PD) to support and influence critical decisions in drug discovery and development
- Implement fit-for-purpose approaches to build customized models that address unique challenges
- Serve as representative for the DMPK team in cross-functional project teams
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Scientific and mathematical understanding of ADME properties
- Skilled in experimental design, mathematical problem solving, critical data analysis/interpretation, and statistics
- Experience performing non-compartmental, compartmental, and/or population analyses and PK/PKPD modeling and simulation using standard pharmacometric software (e.g. WinNonlin, NLME, NONMEM, Monolix, etc.)
- Proficient in a scripting language (e.g. MATLAB, R, Python) and statistical software (JMP, SAS, R, Splus, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic concepts to non-experts to facilitate strategy and decision-making
- Innovative and independent thinker that excels in a highly collaborative and intellectually challenging environment
- Experience working with large and/or complex datasets and more sophisticated modeling and simulation approaches (e.g. PBPK, Systems Pharmacology) is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, or closely related field.
If interested, we would welcome a cover letter and CV sent to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please, and only those we will be following up with, will receive a reply.