The Finance Manager will play a critical role in financial and strategic decision making at the Company. Responsibilities involve working closely with management team and operational leaders in the development of financial models and ownership of the corporate near and long term financial plans as a critical member of the Finance and Accounting team. He or she will also support financial reporting, daily accounting activities and the month-end close process, including but not limited to, journal entries and General Ledger account reconciliations. We are seeking a person who is looking to grow and develop within a dynamic entrepreneurial environment. This position reports directly into the Corporate Controller.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Corporate Finance and FP&A
- Develop and own the Company budget and long-term valuation model
- Support maintenance of relationships with investors and equity research analysts
- Assist with transaction support including due diligence, analysis of benchmark transactions, etc.
- Support future financings
- Develop the forecasting process across the business and related modeling
- Design and distribute reports summarizing operational results and forecasts, including department performance against financial, strategic and operational targets, with timely communication of opportunities and risks to relevant stakeholders
- Provide detailed financial and operational analytics to support monthly results
- Responsible for timely completion of month end close processes, including critical balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures, including identifying areas where improvements can be made
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other external reporting materials
- Assist in the preparation of materials to support audit requirements/requests and quarterly reviews, including interacting with auditors
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation
- Act as a liaison between Accounting and other departments as required
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Self-motivated, strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills and experience with the development of comprehensive valuation models in Excel
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Superior project management and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accurate, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Advanced use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle Fusion, or equivalent ERP, experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree and 5 - 8 years in Finance/Accounting
- CPA, CFA, or advanced degree, preferred
- Life science experience preferred
If interested, we would welcome a cover letter and CV sent to email@example.com No phone calls please, and only those we will be following up with, will receive a reply.